Get Rid Of Spiders, Spider Control Melbourne, Spider Removal
Spiders are part of our environment and play an important role in the control of insects around our homes. Spiders have the remarkable ability to close off their lungs for several hours, so many surface sprays and aerosols fail to kill them and their egg cases.
So if spiders and spider webs are invading your home or infesting your outdoor areas, we can offer fast and affordable solutions, call 1300 484 030 for a free quote
Spider Control Melbourne
Did you know?
- Most household spiders come from new clothing.
- Spider Pest ControlNinety per cent of clothing purchased at retail stores contain spider eggs laid during shipment.
- Spiders cannot physically die of natural causes. They can live for an unlimited amount of time. In China there exists a collection of ‘holy’ spiders, hatched some 2,800 years ago during the height of the Mang-Tsun dynasty.
- Spiders belong to the Arachnid family, which includes scorpions, ticks, mites, harvestmen and false scorpions. Australia has over 2,900 species of spiders with two whose bites can cause death – the Redback spider and the Funnel-web spider.
The Redback is found in all areas of Australia. It is about two to three centimetres long, including legs. Death from Redback bites is possible but rare. There have been no deaths from Redback bites since anti-venom became available in 1956. On average, around 250 anti-venom treatments for Redback bites are administered each year in Australia.
To avoid bites:
- Shake out your shoes before putting them on.
- Keep insect-screens closed if you intend leaving doors and/or windows open.
- Don’t leave clothes and towels lying around outside.
- Don’t walk around outside at night without shoes.
- Wear gloves when gardening.
- If you are bitten by a White Tail Spider, stay still and apply a pressure bandage to the area.
- For Redback bites, stay still and apply ice.
- In both cases call emergency services immediately for anti-venom.
Preventing Spider Infestation
Spiders are attracted to warm, dark places and will enter your home in autumn in preparation for winter. To prevent and control spiders:
- Vacuum regularly
- Remove spider webs
- Fill in gaps to prevent entry
- Remove rubbish from around the house
- Have a well-lit building
If these prevention methods are unsuccessful, seek professional advice. Patterson’s Pest Control has technicians who understand the habits and species of spiders and are knowledgeable in the removal of them.
Call us today on 1300 484 030 for an OBLIGATION FREE QUOTE or email email@example.com