Ant Control Melbourne
Get Rid of Ants, Ant Removal & Control Melbourne
Ants come inside to seek shelter and for easy access to food. They are most commonly found in kitchens and around rubbish bins. Ant problems can quickly get out of control if untreated simply because they usually come in the thousands.
So if you have an ant problem at home or work get on top of it FAST, call 1300 484 030 for a free quote
Did you know?
- For every human in the world there are one million ants.
- Ants never sleep
Ants can be pests when:
- They build nests in walls and foundations, or indoors in potted plants, enclosed areas, and even in cavities in toilets and sinks.
- The Aphaenogaster ant can form large numbers of chambers close to the surface, causing serious problems when found in golf courses or some types of pastures or crops.
- A few species will occasionally attack electrical wiring, apparently being attracted to either the insulation or the magnetic fields produced by the wires.
- Ants often move nest sites when disturbed, or with a change in food supply. This can make control and removal difficult. They may leave for short periods only to return later when a new food source is located and they can recolonise from nearby nests very quickly.
- The Black House Ant is a scavenger and will spread disease around your kitchen.
- The Pharoah Ant is yellow-brown in colour and very difficult to control.
- The Bulldog Ant is found mostly outdoors and inflicts a very painful sting.
- The best way to ant-proof your home is to
- Cover food
- Clean up any food or liquid spills
- Remove any food debris under food appliances
- Ensure that garbage bins are sealed
- Cover and enclose compost bins or piles
- Remove uneaten pet food
- Seal cracks and crevices in door and window frames
There is a wide range of domestic products available to control and eliminate ants but often a professional pest control service is needed to gain control and prevent further problems.
Technicians at Patterson’s Pest Control are skilled and knowledgeable about different ant species and the best remedy for their control.
If you would like to arrange an obligation free quote or inspection, call today on 1300 484 030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org