Bed Bugs Control Melbourne, Bed Bug Removal Melbourne
Bed bugs are most commonly bought home on clothing and luggage after travelling. They are found in places where many different people frequently come and go such as hotels, hostels, cinemas and waiting rooms. Bed bugs can leave irritating red rashes all over the body of the host they attach to.
So if you have a bed bug problem and need help getting rid of these pests, call 1300 484 030 for a free quote
Bed Bug Control
Did you know?
- Bed bugs are true vampires. Bed bugs like to live in beds in order to be close to you – because they want your blood.
- An adult bed bug can survive 550 days without food.
Typical Signs of Bed Bugs
Bedbugs are nocturnal parasites, which mean they rest during the day and feed on the blood of humans at night. You are likely to be bitten on the arms and shoulders. While their bite is painless the bitten area becomes itchy and swells into reddened welts.
- The itching can cause great irritation and insomnia in humans.
- A more established infestation is associated with dark or black staining of the mattress from bed bug excrement.
- Unpleasant odour
Preventing Bed Bug Infestation
- Keep your bedding and clothes clean
- Avoid buying second hand bedding or furniture that has fabric on it
Bed bugs are wingless insects, roughly oval shaped, 4-5mm in length, they are rust brown in colour, but change to a deeper red brown after a blood meal.
After mating, each female lays two to three eggs a day. The eggs are laid on a rough surface in hiding places and will hatch within ten days, but may take longer in cooler conditions.
They can be found under mattresses, floorboards, paintings, carpets, behind skirtings, cracks and crevices in walls, in bed frames, other furniture and behind loose wallpaper. Bed bugs are likely to be brought into the house on luggage, clothing, bedding and furniture.
Treating Bed Bug Infestations
- Clean affected bedding and furniture
- Reduce clutter
- Heavily infested mattresses should be destroyed
- Use recommended insecticides
- Consult a professional pest control service.
If you would like to arrange an obligation free quote or inspection, call today on 1300 484 030 or email email@example.com